The Gunge Blog - with Gunge Central

Possibly the World's first online blog dedicated to GUNGE! A place to share ideas, experiences, pictures, links and lots more besides... so long as it is to do with gunge! Loads of original gunge fiction... WANT TO HELP? LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO HELP ME KEEP THE BLOG UP-TO-DATE! CONTACT ME: thegungeblog@googlemail.com

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Get set... gunge!

I'm not 100% why I'm starting this site.
I guess it's just a case of me noticing that there don't appear to be any Blogs dedicated to gunge on the net.

Firstly, I guess I should state that I'm male, and personally only really interested in seeing other males getting gunged. That's not to say that female gunging discussions, pix or links are not allowed, just that it's not really something that I'm interested in.

Any help with the site would be very gratefully received. I'm not a huge expert on websites or Blogs - I know enough to get by. I'd like to have as many people as possible contributing, so the more the merrier.

I would like the site to develop into a place for news, pix, links and discussion on gunge, be it on TV, the internet or in your own home. Sorry, did I say "a place"? I meant "THE place"! I find it frustrating having to remember which sites I haven't checked recently for updates, so it would be great if webmasters of the various gunge sites on the net used The Gunge Blog as a useful tool for getting their message to the masses. Now all we need to do is get the masses to The Gunge Blog....

A little bit more about me perhaps? My first gunge exposure was for "The Gunge Club" on MSN. I worked as Assistant Manager with Dave, who still does a fantastic job running the site single-handedly. I was lucky enough to meet Dave, and unlucky enough to be gunged by him not once but THREE times in a single day, thanks to votes from website users! Once as myself, once as "Andy Roddick" and once as "Jason Grimshaw" from Coronation Street. I decided not to volunteer as lookalikes after that, as it always ended up being me that got the slime!



"GungeCentral" is another site I have had some involvement with. Andy does a great job running this very proffessional-looking site.

I was lucky enough to work for "Splat!", filming and presenting [and occassionally getting gunged myself] during Seaon One. I am proud of what Pete, the site manager, and I achieved in a short space of time. I also really enjoyed covering lots of cute models in thick slime!



Not many people are lucky enough to have had a gunge tank in their own backyard, or a stream of fit men willing to sit inside it.

However, I had planned to move to London in the Summer of this year, and sadly my new apartment does not really have the room for a gunge tank. But my next-door neighbour does happen to be one of the fit models from the show... and I think Lee might have just about forgiven me by now...



On the subject of Splat, at the moment they need someone to host the gunge tank. PLEASE if there is anyone in the UK [preferably Cental England, but I don't think they're too choosy at the moment!] that can help out, get in touch with them! Splat is a unique concept that has lots of support in terms of fan base, but desperately needs a base in order to continue. There are hundreds of gunge fans in the UK, and just 1 person needs to lend help for the site to continue. From personal experience, I can confirm you will have a blast!

Anyways, let's see where the site goes from here. Post ideas, suggestions, thoughts, views, events etc, or email me at
thegungeblog@googlemail.com

Stay mucky!

GB

2 Comments:

At 14/12/05 15:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blog is such a cool idea. I wish you all the best! and by the way we always like seeing you gunged :p

 
At 15/12/05 10:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck for The Gunge Blog. Really hope that the Splat! tank gets a new home. There's been some awesome stuff on that site and it would be a pity if there were no more Splat shows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home